non bloated operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
just use linux that allows you to select what to install.. i believe fedora core does (but you prob need to select very little for it to fit), also i'm not really sure if ubuntu does (as i select everything for every os i install..)..

anyway, i found a 3.2 gig harddrive and a 2.1 gig from more scavenging my old computers for parts, my fiancee knew what i was doing and that my comp was out of luck, so she bought me windows 2000 even though it was waaaaay more than what i wanted to spend.

You know you have downgrade licensing rights? In other words, if you own XP Professional legit, and blow up your drive (and are no longer using that license) then you are legally entitled to run a previous version OS. In fact, Microsoft will even provide you with the CDs and product keys if you inquire. (I'm sure you pay a fee for the media)

WHAT no it doesn't it's free you download it you put it to a cd or you download it and you put it to your flash device. It's free and great who told you that you have to pay!

I believe he was thrown off by DSL prominently having the links to buy DSL already installed on USB pen drives. Your correct that they still offer a free download, he must have overlooked it.

Tyler1989 said:
WHAT no it doesn't it's free you download it you put it to a cd or you download it and you put it to your flash device. It's free and great who told you that you have to pay!

the site said to download you needed to donate, and i thought that was a rip, then if you wanted them to send you either a pen drive or a CD, you had to pay, I didn't even bother reading how much, i'm sure it was cheap, but it's still linux.

anyway, problem solved, we are out some money, but that's alright, i'm loving 2000 right now :)

TheHeadFL said:
You know you have downgrade licensing rights? In other words, if you own XP Professional legit, and blow up your drive (and are no longer using that license) then you are legally entitled to run a previous version OS. In fact, Microsoft will even provide you with the CDs and product keys if you inquire. (I'm sure you pay a fee for the media)

i wish i would have known that sooner :(

I don't believe this DSL linux cheap.... And why 2000 I thought you had a small hd 2000 takes alot of room and it is discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom