no wallpaper :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
Hi guys, My cat jumped on my keyboard about 2 months ago and since then, my wallpaper will only display if I have icons/shortcuts on my desktop :(

Some things.........

Way before the wallpaper problem, I used tweak UI to remove the recycling bin from my desktop, I still have it removed. I also use Object dock for all my shortcuts and recycling bin.

Right now I have a empty folder on my desktop, so my wallpaper will display.

Today, I was playing oblivion and my PC crashed, I had to hold the power button in for 5 seconds to restart it, After windows loaded, the screen was all white, The task-bar was missing and it said "Active desktop is disabled, click here to enable Active desktop. So I clicked the button and everything went back to normal. I immediately thought about my wallpaper problem, So deleted the empty folder from my desktop, But my wallpaper disappeared with the empty folder :(

I'm assuming it's a "keyboard shortcut" (ctrl+?+?) But, I haven't been able to find one to fix my problem.

Please Help

Nope, But I really wish I did... Now it's to late for a system restore :(

Your problem is unclear as to why your cat would jump on your keyboard and just total your desktop setting like that. I think you messed something up in the registry toying around with tweakUI.

Perhaps it is time to format and reinstall

make sure to back up all of your info on to cds/dvds/hdds, then reinstall windows and whatever programs you used...

I usually do this to my pc at least once a year, it keeps it running like new

Well....I finally figured it out :D

Display properties, Desktop(tab), Customize desktop(button)
(desktop items window pops up) under the "Web"(tab) the "lock desktop items" box was checked, I unchecked it, And BAM! my wallpaper appeared :cool:

Like I said, Law, My cat jumped on my keyboard and my wallpaper disappeared. I only used Tweak UI, 1 time, 8 months ago, Right after I installed windows, To remove the recycling bin from my desktop.

Thanks for the link, Superdave1984, I found a bunch of shortcuts that will help me use Windows MCE, when I can't find the remote :)

Thanks for the help guys :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom