No standard VGA recognized? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question No standard VGA recognized?

Hi.. I'm not sure if this is where to post this, but here it goes..

So i recently reformatted my dell inspiron 9300 and had to reinstall windows ( i went with professional instead of media center this time) i went around the genuine advantage bull since i dont have a legit windows key and i did my updates through some tunnel thing online.. everything worked fine..

when i went to install my video driver though (i have a radeon x300) with the catalyst, it says i need to install my standard vga drivers first because it cant recognize any driver im using right now. ive been whoring through forums and ive found a few people with my same problem, but no one seems to have gotten an answer (except one, but the link to the solution was dead, ha!)

i downloaded whatever i could from dell website to no avail.. still no vga. in device manager it says im vga compatible.. but definitely has the yellow ? on it.

any help would be very much appreciated.. thanks.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: No standard VGA recognized?

nevermind! i fixed it myself. its always after you decide you cant do it on your own that you get that little ray of insight.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn4000 View Post
nevermind! i fixed it myself. its always after you decide you cant do it on your own that you get that little ray of insight.

you downloaded the chipset from ati website, right?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yeah. it was a mobo issue.. the video card was merely a casualty of war
Closed Thread