No SP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
well, i was told by people online that are friends. that all Windows XP pro had Default SP1 with Windows XP but when Format harddrive then install Windows XP pro on the computer it just has Windows XP and no SP1. so my USB won't work cause of it. i have SP2 disc but. i would just like SP1 if i could.. does anyone know whats wrong?

go to the microsoft website and go to the windows updates page. I would think that all the avalible updates for your USB would be there. Make sure you get all the critical updates.

Not all releases of XP come with SP1. Only releases cut after the release of SP1 came with SP1 included. If you reinstall with a pre-SP1 disc, yer gonna get a plain XP installation.

Standard USB is 1.0, which comes with regular XP. If for some reason you NEED 2.0 before you update to SP1-2, you can simply download the 2.0 drivers from the web and install them manually. 1.0 will work with most things anyway, it'll just be slower.

Also, last time I checked, you can no-longer upgrade to just SP1. SP2 is the current service-pack, and if you update Windows you get the full update. (If you have SP1 on a CD or something, then you can update to SP1, but you're not going to get full support for it, and the MS update sight has all but cut-off support for SP1...though you can still find a temporary archive connection for SP1 if you look around. Don't expect that for long, though. It's getting cut.)

Besides, it's not worth remaining in the past unless you have a fatal issue.

Well, i'm on 56k at the moment. and its harsh downloading upgrades lol. and yes i do need 2.0 USB drivers... but the SP1-2 Takes care of that. but this Windows XP pro version i have Supose to have SP1. i dont know why it doesn't and why i wanted SP1 and not SP2 because SP2 gave me problems in the past.

You can download 2.0 drivers from a lot of places, not just Microsoft. If the ports are on your mobo, or an attached card or whatever, go to their site and see if they have the drivers instead. They should.

Anyway, what kind of problems were you having with SP2? Unless you have a fatal issue, SP2 is sweet and every effort should be made to get it up and running.

Just i run servers and when you disable the Firewall dumb Red Ballon at the bottom right messed with my mind! :p

only reason i want SP1 or SP2 is cause of the USB ha... so if i can download just the Drivers from Abit i guess.. Then that would work Thanks Shoobie!

VIA USB 2.0 Released Date: 2003-11-12
- Version 2.56
- For Windows 2000 users: Please run Windows Update.
- For Windows XP users: Please update to Windows XP SP1.

:(

Running a server with SP2 shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you approve your apps and open the correct ports (just like any firewall).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom