No sound in windows server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
well i put windows server 2008 and i installed all the drivers for video and mobo and i installed the drivers for my creative audiology se and they install fine but when it restarts i dont have any sound from my pc. i can go in to the creative control pannel and change settings but none of them work i still have no sound. any advice? is there something i'm not doing right or am i just stupid and skipped over something important?

Creative's drivers are just fine now, danielk's are old.

It's not a driver issue, you have to enable the windows sound service.

in the sound config in your control panel are you sure the correct device is selected?

14058641ss9.png

Creative's drivers are just fine now, danielk's are old.

It's not a driver issue, you have to enable the windows sound service.

Creative Drivers are still locked. They do not allow for the 3D sound in games without their ALchemy plugin nor do they give you the THX or the Equalizer. Creative has specifically locked the Vista Drivers. That is why i still suggest the Daniel K Drivers.

yep the speakers are selected and the digital out put is disabled the only thing is it dosent out put to the back pannel that part is greyed out any ideas how to enable this? also wont detctect any thing when it's pluged in

Hello,

If the part with the back panel is greyed out that means that your drivers can not use that function. There isnt a way to just enable it. Have to find a different set of drivers to use.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom