no sound in intervideo windvd5 gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
i have no sound when trying to play dvds in intervideo windvd5 gold. all of my other apps that have sound work like the messengers, wmp9, foobar, windows sound effects like emptin the recycle bin. its just this one app. ive tried all of the different audio options for it with no avail. nebody have ne ideas at all. just installed it last nite so and its a full license version and not trial if nebody is wondering.

thx
neversleeps

i'm thinking it's either the sound is muted or the file you are trying to play is messed up or you do not have the proper codec installed. i remember many video files like Xvid that would play the video but no sound because i did not have the special AC3 codec or something like that. test using a real DVD disc in your dvd-rom drive. if no sound than try reinstalling winDVD. if you get sound that means you need to have the proper codecs installed.

its not muted and the only reason i installed it was cuz i needed a dvd decoder installed on my system to allow ne dvds to b played on ne software cuz wmp9 wouldnt play dvds til i bought a separate decoder or installed software which has one included with it and i had this softeware already so i chose the latter. wmp9 plays dvds just fine with sound and everything, windvd plays the movie but no sound on dvds. hope this helps track the problem,

alright i just played an mpeg with windvd and got sound so its only for dvds that i dont have sound and since wmp9 sound works i must have the codec installed so whats the deal. help plz

u talking about the codec pack or what, i didnt find an encoder pack cept for the whole separate Windows Media Encoder 9 Series.

regards
neversleeps

neversleeps do you have winXP? would you mind if i send you winDVD 5 Platinum and took control of your PC to see what's happening? give me an instant messanger name and I will find you. if you prefer not to, that's cool. at this point i would be taking poinltess guesses. I'd rather see what's going on.

i have windvd5 plat. and i have the same problem he has. windvd4 works just fine, but no sound outof 5, yes im using xp

i have had seen many different problems with the players, but never have i seen no sound. this may help you guys solve your problems so read up. basically they uninstalled the program and deleted all entries in the registry and reinstalled winDVD. after uninstalling i would do a search for windvd in the registry. i would delete all entries that had this in it. than i would install winDVD again:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/70880

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/83716

to open the windows registry open a run box (start> run) and type regedit. the registry can cause windows to not work correctly so look at what you are dfeleting carefully. if in doubt post a screenshot of it and we will tell you if it is safe to delete or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom