No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
I just built my friend a AMD based system, with an nforce 4 chipset. winxp home and an Asus board. He's getting no sound, and nothings muted, we checked the connections, waht's wrong?

thanks

Seems similar to my build Sound was not detected automatically on XP x64. What is your ASUS board model I assume it's uses the Realtek AC97 sound unless you bought a seperate sound card. You will need to install the drivers for it. Did you get the driver CD for the Mobo.

i already did, twice. see what we had to do was pull his old HDD out and use that as a master for the new computer. SO, since he was on an old nforce2 chipset motherboard i think theres some conflict going on so i told him to uninstall all the sound drivers and insatll them back on. and still nothing... model: A8N5X

Check the jumpers on your mobo. I've come accross some models for motherboards that have a jumper that changes the output in the back so that it works with front panel connections... something like that. Otherwise, since its onboard -i guess the only thing left to do is reinstall the drivers.

I had this problem..all i did was go to my computer right click-properties-hardware-device manager. On the + tab on sound see if you have any ?????? if so click on it and reinstall driver. See if that helps you.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
i already did, twice. see what we had to do was pull his old HDD out and use that as a master for the new computer. SO, since he was on an old nforce2 chipset motherboard i think theres some conflict going on so i told him to uninstall all the sound drivers and insatll them back on. and still nothing... model: A8N5X

I had this problem..all i did was go to my computer right click-properties-hardware-device manager. On the + tab on sound see if you have any ?????? if so click on it and reinstall driver. See if that helps you.

read please? and i found the problem it was motherboard jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom