No net connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Having trouble accessing the net via one of my computers. It was working fine yesterday. I am getting an error msg of "server not found". It does this on every web site. The Rj45 cable goes from my router directly to my PC and the cable is brand new. I tested all ports on my router and they all work fine. NIC card is less than 2 years old. All connections are correctly fitted.

What else could be the issue?

thx

Hi,

Have you checked the status of your Ethernet NIC in device manager and network connections? Is it enabled and connected to the router?

Have you checked the adapter settings to make sure it's set to DHCP, or if static routing is being used, that the correct IP settings have been assigned?

Has an IP address successfully been assigned to the Ethernet NIC?

Have you tried using a different Internet browser?

Have you tried rebooting the router?

Hi,

Have you checked the status of your Ethernet NIC in device manager and network connections? Is it enabled and connected to the router?

Have you checked the adapter settings to make sure it's set to DHCP, or if static routing is being used, that the correct IP settings have been assigned?

Status of NIC in Dm is enabled. It is enabled and connected to my router. How do I check if it is set to DHCP. I am pretty sure it is though. I tried both firefox and IE. Tried rebooting my dsl modem and router, Same results. Icon of net connectivity in systray is fine.

Anything else I can try?

thx

PS...I am getting an ip cause it is listed under ipconfig cmd. Should I try ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew?

Do you have a Default Gateway? that could be why it isnt connecting correctly. You might want to look up IPv6 in your adapter settings. Set everything to auto.

yes, I have a default gateway listed when i type ipconfig. What else can i try guys?

thx

Hi,

Status of NIC in Dm is enabled. It is enabled and connected to my router. How do I check if it is set to DHCP. I am pretty sure it is though. I tried both firefox and IE. Tried rebooting my dsl modem and router, Same results. Icon of net connectivity in systray is fine.

Anything else I can try?

thx

ps... I tried to do ipconfig /release and i received the following msg "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation"

My connection was set for a static IP. I set it to auto obtain and now I am getting a yellow ! on systrey network connection icon. Now I am getting yellow ! onsystray notification icon. Went into device mgr>systems and see the following msg "Computer was unable to automatically configure the IP parameters for the network card with network address 001cf00ea1e3. Error happened during configuration. The request service provider couldn't be loaded or initialized."

Any idea what I need to do now plz?

thx

Latest info..... When I type in ipconfig I am getting 169.254.24.6 which is wrong. When I do ipconfig /release the IP is cleared. When I try to renew I get the following msg "Error occured while renewing interface local area connection. The request service provider couldn't be loaded or initialized."

Update: Ran winsockxpfix and problem solved. Thx all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom