no icons in desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry

Baseband Member
i am using windows xp pro.

i used to hav icons of programs i frequently use. now in my desktop there are no icons at all, not even my computer.

whole desktop is empty.

how can i make those icons reapper? i tried to send shor cut to desktop but nathin can be seen.

go to taskmanager and kill explorer.exe and restart it by typing in explorer.exe in new task. Then scan your system for spyware and post a hijack this log

do spyware scans and post a log. Also, disable everything in msconfig. start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable all, reboot

Right click on yourself and see if "Show Desktop Icons" is checked. If not, click it. That happens a lot to people... Also, yeah, check for spyware... that could also be the cause.

did you get an error when loggin on about using default profile cause yours was locked?

Garry said:
i am using windows xp pro.

i used to hav icons of programs i frequently use. now in my desktop there are no icons at all, not even my computer.

whole desktop is empty.

how can i make those icons reapper? i tried to send shor cut to desktop but nathin can be seen.

Thats how the desktop shold b empty of icons in my opinion, i don't like having icons in desktop.

Anyway can you run any program that you have installed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom