No Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbienthehouse

Baseband Member
I have a computer in parts, a couple of days ago I put everything together and got it working. Then I reassembled it in the computer case and now the monitor show anything. I've used different monitors so it's not them. Can anyone help, thanks.

Uhhh...could you show us some details of your system so we'r not shooting in the dark?

Are you using onboard graphics, or graphics card? What version of Windows? Did you make sure to install the mobo standoffs? Have you checked to make sure that al of the cables/ram/hd are seated good?

Fill us in, and we'll see what we can come up with.

Happened to me, it's a short touching the metal case. I assembled my computer outside of the case and it worked and then when I put it back in, the monitor said "No Input". Try starting your computer with only the monitor and power connected. Then switch and swap parts til it works.

Well windows 98 was installed on it. It has a graphics card no integrated crap. I'm using a western digital hd about seven gigs. When ever I turn it on, the light for my hd stays lit. I assembled it outside the case, making sure on metal was touching metal. Still no change. Anyways, I"m starting to things my motherboard might be broken. Also I have no idea what the modo standoffs are so if you could enlighten me that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you help.

Standoffs are the little risers that you install first, that the mobo rests on to keep it from touching the case.

Check the seating of your graphics card. If it is seated good, then it might have given up the ghost. Get hold of a different one (beg, borrow, or steal) and try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom