No disk in drive A message

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I keep getting the "No disk in drive A" message during shutdown.

There is no disk in drive A, I don't want a disk in drive A, I have no idea what would be trying to access a disk in drive A, because a floppy has never touched this machine in it's life.

Is there a way to either stop this annoying message or is there a way to find out what program is trying to use the drive and stop it?

Hey, sorry for the misinformation, but as the computer's shutting down, I barely get a chance to see the message.

It goes more like this: Device/Drive is not ready, please insert disk into drive A.

startuponekw9.png

startuptwozm8.png

The last item on the list is not shown, but it's SmartUI, a motherboard utility.

Also, I couldn't seem to maximize the window, I apologize for the two seperate screenshots.

Thanks

ohGrFreak said:
Hey, sorry for the misinformation, but as the computer's shutting down, I barely get a chance to see the message.

It goes more like this: Device/Drive is not ready, please insert disk into drive A.

startuponekw9.png

startuptwozm8.png

The last item on the list is not shown, but it's SmartUI, a motherboard utility.

Also, I couldn't seem to maximize the window, I apologize for the two seperate screenshots.

Thanks

Its possible its in there, just because its in the startup doesnt mean it only happens when it starts up, if its in there, it will also be there when you go to shut down. so disable all that except your antivirus and reboot.

Msconfig, startup seemed to have solved the problem for now, thanks. I didn't know there was a disable option in the bios, since I never use the floppy (but I still have one) I moved that to last in the boot order. I'll try to disable it next time I boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom