No Audio Under Windows 7 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODYSS3Y

Solid State Member
Hello all, I'm new to the forums..........

My issue is this, I have a home built system (Can't abide those off the shelf systems Lol)

I recently upgraded from a windows XP pro 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit (build 7100...Evaluation copy)
upon doing so my on board audio became extremley quiet, even after I cranked my speakers, I could still barley hear it, my system specs:

Mobo:Asrock Wolfdale 1333-D667
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 1.8ghz
Ram: 4gb DDRII 667
Video: XFX GEFORCE 9600 GSO 768mb
Sound: Onboard 5.1 CH high definition Audio (realtek ALC660VD Audio Codec)

I have the latest on all my drivers, and I have tweaked all my settings for my sound and still cannot get normal audio levels from my system, and have checked my speakers, and they work fine.

I deactivated my on board audio in the bios, and installed an old card I had laying around
(Creative Labs CT4750)
Windows 7 Does not seem to find any drivers or auto load any drivers for this card, and I cannot find any online, I'm hoping someone here might have a fix for my onboard audio, or a driver for my creative card, I have like no money so new parts are not really an option right now.................Thanx in advance Lol..........:D

Thanx for the quick response, I have tried both those solutions with no effect.............

TheMajor's suggestion is a good one. I have seen a system change a setting in one or both of those before.

I would use the drivers Hefe linked to, rather than the ones on asrock as they are newer.

Do both the Windows volume control and the Realtek volume control affect the volume at all? If either of them does not change the volume, you may be changing the volume of the wrong "mixer device".

Also try disabling any audio effects in the Realtek software. Disable Dolby Pro Logic or anything like that.

KK, I've done everything you guys have suggested, and the best I can get is the system sound to come through my speakers very quietly with the speakers maxed out, and the sound only seems to come from the one speaker, I have adjusted all the volume settings, I have enabled everything that needs to be enabled, disabled everything that needs to be disabled, I have updated all drivers to the latest, and I am still not able to solve the problem, This problem really erks me cuz I can't watch any video, or listen to any music, or even play a game, cuz the sound is so messed up, I hate to admit defeat but I may just have to load up my old sound card, and install xp 32 bit, guess my otpions are Have great looking video, with directx 11 and full use of my 64bit cpu, or switch to 32 bit only get 3 of my 4gbs of ram, only partial use of my cpu, and use directx 9......but have sound Lol......

Well it isnt admitting defeat. Plain and simple Win7 doesnt even get released till the 22nd. So there may not even be proper drivers yet. You wotn find drivers for your old card. The old set of drivers creative has for their hardware that is supported is the Audigy series. Anything older and good luck but i highly doubt you will find drivers that Win7 supports.

It could also be that the driver you are using is for Win7 RTM (Build 7600) and not for the RC Build 7100 which you have. check around for the drivers that are known to be supported for that OS. I know they are out there as i have seen them on the TechNET Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom