no applications on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehgit

In Runtime
I have run ccleaner, cleanup, installed and ran AVG and fixed all errors but still no start menu or starup apps running. I have tried to download and run hijackthis with no luck (can't find .exe file to install). No desktop icons. The only way I was able to run anything including the browser was by going through the task mngr. Running XP. Browser searches keep getting re-directed. I have to copy and paste web address to get to site I want. Trying to save HD without having to re-image. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Malwarebytes will not open, doesn't even show up in processes windows defender and symantec found no threats but there is obviously something f***ing with this thing. Help!

I just right clicked the download file from firefox dowloads window and selected "open containing folder" for the hijackthis installer and the desktop icons and task bar appeared...I am going to attempt to install hijack this and post the log for Osiris to look at. Wish me luck. I would still like to hear suggestions as to what may have happened and how I may be able to find what is causing this issue.

He is running XP those links wont help. ;)

Can you boot into Safe Mode? After the BIOS screen flashes off hit F8 to bring up the advanced boot options and select Safe Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom