Nlite - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 12:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

I was gonna try it on 5112 but said the hell with it, i can imagine what will happen with it..

Old 11-13-2005, 01:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

i tried it on mine and it worked perfectly fine.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

how did you do it? did you take anything out? are you still using it?
Old 11-13-2005, 01:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Techie

Just out of curiosity, how many installs and reinstalls of windows do you guys do? Seems to be a regular deal, Im constantly hearing of people having to do this. Doesnt that get pretty monotonous and waste alot of time?
Old 11-13-2005, 01:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

I do it constantly but today I just wanted to see if I could find an automated install such as Nlite, it would be perfect but the programs sucks and it would not be a wise choice in a network enviro.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Not really. with my custom made nlite disc. it takes me 15-20 minutes to reinstall windows on my amd 3500 1 gig ram machine 500 gig HDD machine. I also have all of my drivers installed already, so it isn't no big deal with me

Previously before I had n lite, after I would install XP, I have to get my mobo driver disc, my scanner disc, My nvidia NVTV hardware encoder disc, my oki data C5100 network printer disc, my ipod disc and my digital camera disc. that was a time consuming process
Old 11-13-2005, 01:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

how do you install your drivers on a slipstreamed disc?
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 11-13-2005, 01:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

thats the best thing about it..its takes a very short time for a full unattened install which is awesome
Old 11-13-2005, 01:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Warez Monster
I do it constantly but today I just wanted to see if I could find an automated install such as Nlite, it would be perfect but the programs sucks and it would not be a wise choice in a network enviro.
I have my xp pro disc set up exactly like this. I stick it in and boot from. I wait for it to get to the install screen so I can set the partitions. I set the partition and leave. I don't type in anything else

I come back 15-45 minutes later the machine has xp on it. it also has my network name so I can immediately access software from my main computer to install on it. I set the comp name to your computer. I usually change it later to the person's name

N-lite is a life saver for me. I now have an automated process which makes fixing people's computers easier
Old 11-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #20 (permalink)

i wish i wouldnt have any problems. I dont think its me...