nhl and madden 2004 on xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavishingRocket

In Runtime
i have an athlon xp 1.6ghz, 640mb ram and gf3 video card. nhl and madden 2004 is kinda choppy on my rig. my friend runs xp as well and has a 1.2ghz, 512mb ram and same video card and he can run those games just fine. i have installed differ sets of drivers and games are still jerky. why is mine jerky when i have better machine than he? or could there be some other reason? he does not have anything tweaked. i have even lowered the graphic detail in the games, but still is choppy. any help? thanks

try defragging your pc. make sure there are no unnecessary process running in the background (use task manager to see what's running)

i just bought this hdd, so its a fresh install of xp(only week old) and i have done a defrag as well. how would u define unnecessary process? what would u consider unnecessary process? i really dont have anything running that isnt already with xp. before i got this hdd, my other hdd had win2k installed on it and i didnt have these problems. i was wanting to stick with xp rather than going back to 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom