Newbie question on Windows Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter12

Solid State Member
I was wondering if anybody on this forum uses Windows Xp Media Center windows, and if so do you have the 2005 version or one of the older versions. I recently bought a computer that was advertised by the company and the store where I bought it from that it had preinstalled 2005 XP Media Center, but when I went to control panel and clicked on performance it listed 2002 version of Media Center.

Does anybody know if this is just a mistake by the programmers or false advertising.

Bought the computer from Best Buy. Sony Vaio RA820G, advertised as XP MC 2005 platform. I tried to contact sony by phone but they say all the computers shipped in 05 have the latest version of media center.

IF you bought a PC with an OS that is Preinstalled on the system the that OS is OEM software. All OEM OS's come with a Authorization Code sticker that MUST be attached to the case. This should clearly label the version of the operating system. If the sticker says 2005 but your system properties say 2002, i'd say you got rear-ended....

I've have 2005 can you burn a data dvd with it. Where perfomance in control panel?

It also have service pack 2 installed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom