Newbie being driven mad by cache! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thislittlepiggy

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I'm going out of my mind here!

What I did was, I bought a website from someone else, who has now transferred the files over and everything is mine. I went into Fantastico and set up wordpress under example dot com forwardslash wordpress

When I type in example dot com forwardslash wordpress or example dot com forwardslash wordpress forwardslash wp hypen admin I just get the home index page.

I cleared my cache in firefox and in IE. I cleared the history, temp internet files in control panel, but it's still the same.

If I go onto my laptop, rather than desktop everything works perfectly. It's the desktop that won't do it, and it doesn't matter which browser I use, which leads me to think that this problems is on my computer somewhere rather than the browser settings. Could be wrong though, I'm no expert just learning!

If anyone could suggest what's wrong I would be so happy I'd start dancing round the room (as opposed to hitting my head off the walls... :madd:)

Thank you so much in advance.

Try this. Start>run>cleanmgr

Run that and clean out everything. Also try to reset IE back to default settings. That might work. Could also try restarting the machine and trying from Safe Mode with Networking.

you guys are good with programing but im terribly bad and if you are still having trouble after all this then im sure that the host to the website has some kind off support and maby you should talk to the person that sold you the website maby theres a problem there.
thanks,
tommy johnson
:kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom