New XP install on SATA HD = BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
I've had this problem in the past with other mobos but have always eventually got it to take, usually with help from pple here. I'm once again stuck on the same issue and can't figure it out. I'm trying to install XP on a 500GB Seagate Barricuda 7200.11 SATA HD. I was at first getting the BSOD with error message: Stop 0x0000007B

A couple of quick checks and turns out it was the SATA DVD reader i was using, switched that to an IDE, no more BSOD. However, now once I enter windows setup it wont detect my HD, says "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" And leaves me no other choice but to exit.

Figured it's got to be that there is no SATA driver, no worries, will create boot disk. My mobo is: GA-MA69GM-S2H so I go to Gigabyte webpage and download: GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

I install it on a floppy and then reboot, I hit F6 during boot up but when I access the floppy for the appropriate drivers there are only two listed:
- ATI AHCI Compatible RAID Controller-x86 platform
- ATI AHCI Compatible RAID Controller-x64 platform

Now I'm really confused, I was looking for a "SATA" of some sort....neither of them worked, any other suggestions? Stuck on this now....

[edit]I know HD is good as is mobo and DVD player[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom