new windows xp pro - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2004, 07:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question new windows xp pro

I am considering buying windows xp pro but have been told that i can only use the disk on one machine, the problem is I have four and want to do all of them. Is this true and if so is there a way around it. I will be grateful for any help

Old 02-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

I have installed and use my win XP pro on several machine already and found no problem with it. just give it a try though and post here any error mesage or problem you will encounter if you will install it on several machine. just dont register for Mr. Bill not to track you down that easy.
If you have a branded machines with the same company. say Dell, you dont have any prob installing it on several Dell PC.
Anyway, just give it a try. You aint ganna lose your bucks since you can easily crack that.

-- Make This World a Better Place to live In... Care for all the Living --
Old 02-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Ohh, Doesn't XP force you to register after about 30 days or so by locking you out so that you have to call support and register?
3 different OS, so yep I\'m confused.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

You dont got to register but you do got to let you OS contact microsoft.It check's the number but you dont need to give any info.

After you reinstall an operating system guessing 20 times.It send's an alert to MS to have you call them and find out why you reinstalling this XP so much.Then your stuck cause everytime you reenstall you got to call and explain.

You can keep 1 puter as your base and reinstall Xp every 30 day's on the other 3.You can also get a multi computer thing from microsoft so you can put XP on all 4 but it cost.Is a way to hack XP but dont know it.

I just split a drive C and D and try to keep important stuff on D and wipe C every month.
Closed Thread