New windows will not open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mybambaglah

Beta member
When i try to open new executables or folders, they show up in the taskbar, but they wont pop up front. This happens with all programs.​
I believe i have some sort of virus, but i am not sure what virus. Maybe that could´ve caused this problem. I have to close the program or window i had up front before i can see the new window. For an example , if i open Firefox and Internet Explorer, i must close Firefox before i can use or see IE.​
Task manager works well.
The virus i downloaded created a "netnt.exe" file in windows/system32. If i closed it from task manager, it would soon reappear. I "fixed" that by closing it from task manager, then quickly deleting the file.​
I use Windows XP SP2.

Try some online scanners. AVG is decent but i prefer Avast. It has done me well over the past 2 years of using it. But that is just personal preference.

It does sound like a virus.

All my virus/adware programs are up to date. I have used AVG, F-Secure, CCleaner, Ad-aware 2007, Spybot, and Registry Clean Expert. They found nothing. I also used some of those programs in safe mode with hidden files visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom