New Windows operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the first one you would have to check with DLink. I have seen some beta drivers on their site.

There is VNC and gotomypc.com that caould be a alternative.

The Logitech drivers are usually pretty good. I have nto had many issues with them myself in Vista. Could fin dout when they plan on releasing fully compatible drivers.

Nee to get updated chipset drivers for the last issue.

For the most part all these issues are not Microsoft fault. ;)

Still, if they're not working with Vista, I have to resort to XP. The D-Link beta drivers are not available. They "claim" that it's in the works for the longest time, but I have not been able to see them on their website yet. There are beta drivers available, but not for my particular model.

Once I get that going, I'll most likely be set because the Internet is the most important thing. The USB is the second important issue that I have to get working. But this shouldn't be a problem because USB support is built in to Vista, which is why I don't know why the USB ports don't recognize any devices.

But if all else fails, I don't mind leaving it as Windows XP. Everything works flawlessly in that environment.

Again the chipset drivers update the Vista drivers. The USB drivers built in are just generic drivers for USB Support. They are not meant to be the end all for USB Drivers. They are jsut there so that you can use some USB Devices. Like a keyboard and mouse.

The chipset drivers update the USB so that you have full support.

Plus i can feel your pain. I have this issue as well. But i found that to fix this issue i just use a different USB Port adn the device gets recognized instantly.

The chipset drivers will have to be the main focus at this point though because all my USB ports aren't working. Even the ones I installed in the front 5.25" bays aren't working. It's so weird.

Eventually, I like to get a new PC going but I'm always hesitating that project due to cost and the fact that I'm still able to use XP on it fine. I just recently did a reformat and fresh install (due to my failed Vista installation) so it's super fast at loading everything. Man, I forgot how fast a PC can boot once everything gets cleaned up. I swear, 15 seconds later, XP is fully loaded.

I can understand that. To be quite honest i have been very lucky that my older hardware (My PC is 5 years old. Dimension 8400 with some upgrades done by me) works in Vista. I know this.

To be even more honest. I run Server 08 as a desktop right now.

Vista does not play nice with older stuff and will tend to slow it down compared to the newer stuff. If XP works. Stick with it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom