new user account is ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimcan

Baseband Member
Had my computer for about a Year. Now I want to add another user. I have vista> When I made my new user it seems the AVG virus program is not loading automaticly. SHould it? MY browser Firefox has none of the bookmarks from my setting. It is like stating all over. In addition, some folders I would like to share such as music.

Is there a simple way making up a new user with the least amount of work?

As for AVG it should be running in any user you logon in.

Vista creates 'documents' for every user you create. Unlike XP where there is one my documents folder that everyone shares. If you make the other user a 'standard' user, they will not have the permissions to access your 'documents' folder that contains all of your music, pictures, etc. What you will have to do is either make them an admin account OR right click on the folders you want to share, then click share... and choose the users you would like to share that folder with and what permissions you would like them to have.

OK i have AVG in my startup try now, seems I had to go into programs and click it.

I clicked a folder and then got the Blue screen of death. Then vista said it was because of a program I have called "my lock box". I love that little program. And the program said it was for vista. Got it from download.com a safe site.
Man this stinks, I am in a new jam.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom