New system windows 7 installation

ncore

Baseband Member
So everything works then when I try to install Windows 7 it says this message

"A required CD/DVD device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk,
CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

Note. If the windows installation media is in the drive, you can safely
remove it for this step."

I don't know if the cd/dvd installer is failing or the dvd-rewritter :/.

I did try, i think because the sata controller was on IDE. Though another question I put the boot priority to Dvd (1st) and hdd (2nd) but it takes forever to read the first boot to load windows installer. Any idea why?

Because reading off of a disc is slow; so loading the installer is going to take some time. The BIOS has to check the drive and read the disc for a boot sector on the disc; then the Windows install disc usually does a "Press any key to boot from DVD..." (though I've been seeing this less sometimes), which also has a timeout period. Then it starts reading the disc again and loading the installer. Creating a bootable flash drive with the Win7 installer will make the whole process much faster (Microsoft provides a tool for this: Microsoft Store).

Is the sata mode has to be ide or ahci mode? I don't have a big usb flash for windows to boot from :/.

Yeah i don't see "press any key to boot from disk" on this build.

If your not using an original Windows 7 disk, (you created your own disk) then try the Windows 7 disk in a different pc and see if you get the option to boot from the disk, or if the windows installer wants to run. If it does then you probably have a dvd drive that won't read that disk....try a different dvd drive on your pc

If your not using an original Windows 7 disk, (you created your own disk) then try the Windows 7 disk in a different pc and see if you get the option to boot from the disk, or if the windows installer wants to run. If it does then you probably have a dvd drive that won't read that disk....try a different dvd drive on your pc

I already specify in the BIOS to boot to disk. this is the disk I'm using with this new rig Samsung dvd-rewriter

Have you tried downloading the actual drivers for the drive and installing them before starting the windows install?

Back
Top Bottom