New Programs Installed Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obtruse_Man4

In Runtime
I running windows xp professional, and customary to windows when you install a program for the first time and click on the start menu it displays a little message saying that there was a new program installed. However this time when I installed the program the message appeared and still keeps appearing. I can't find much on google about this. Quite annoying actually, no matter how small a matter this is. Anyone come across this problem and have a solution?

You can remove it. Right click on the taskbar, click properties, click the Start Menu tab, click customise, click the Advanced tab, and deselect the checkbox that controls the function.

It does that to me all the time, regardless of how many times I use it. I just have it disabled, like m3trj said. It's an annoying little feature, could def be without it.

Yeah, and they think that is a good feature. What the hell?! It totally isnt. They should just have the Start menu alphabatize itself when something is added to it.

We always find ways to bash microsoft, no matter how moot the ideas are.

It's a very annoying thing to have. But make sure it is not coming up from programs installing auto matically on ur computer. you could have some serious trouble if that is the case.
just thought id warn you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom