New PC, should I wait for Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels

In Runtime
In the near future (within two months), I'll be buying a new computer which I hope to build myself, so I won't have an OS pre-installed, and I don't have any original OS installation discs either.

I'm wondering whether I should just get XP (I heard SP3 was coming), or just wait for Vista.

I'd wait if you can. theres lots of cool stuff comming up and you don't want to build your new computer only to need to upgrade it a few months down the line.
DX10 is a big factor to concider, you'll want to wait for an 8000 series geforce atleast.

That's what I was thinking, because Vista is definitely coming out within the next year, and it has all these hardware requirements. I also don't have want to have to buy a new XP2 just to end up buying Vista a few months later.

It's just that right now, my PC is driving me insane. It's only an Athlon 850 MHz (it's an old replacement bought 6 years ago) with 256 MB RAM, so it's really hindering my application use, not to mention EXTREMELY slow (it takes like 15 minutes to Auto-Run a CD, and that's not an exaggeration). I've put up with it for a year now, and I just want something a little more modern. I'm sure it's not virus or spyware related, because I rigorously run lots of security related applications (one of the reasons why it's slow).

Well, an Athlon 850Mhz isn't going to be that fast.
And 256MB RAM is at the low side. Even maxxing out your memory will make a big difference.

Suggest buying a computer with a mobo with PCI Express 2 and supporting upgrade for next generation CPU(double Dual Core)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom