New PC BSOD Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohailqureshi

Beta member
Hey guys, ive just recently bought a new PC and i installed windows XP on to it,, because it didnt have a OS on there... at first windows XP installed but when on the desktop i would get the BSOD error saying IRPL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL so i then decided to format the HDD and re-install windows again but when ever i do this either with Windows XP(SP3) or Windows Vista the same error occurs during setup..

Sometimes i get the BSOD error saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA also sometimes when windows is in the installation i get error messages saying certain files are corrupt.

This is my spec (PC was bought about 3 days ago)

# AMD Athlon X2 5200 Processor (2 x 2.7GHz)
# 4GB DDR II 800 MHz Memory (Ram)
# 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive
# Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT Graphics Card
Motherboard - Asrock Micro ATX Motherboard
Chipset - NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE / nForce 430

I have read a few sites on the internet and they suggest that its the RAM or Memory error but this system is brand new surely the RAM cant be messed up that quick!

Please guys someone help me.... its driving me mad lol

Sounds like RAM is probably the culprit. Yes, it can 'be messed up that quick' but then it can also be a manufacturing defect meaning it was always messed up.

Try each stick of RAM on it's own, or alternatively download Memtest86+ and run it on the RAM for 10+ hours.

Okay guys heres a quick update i managed to re-install windows XP again but this time no BSOD came up during installation, but when i do get on the desktop everything works fine untill i try to copy things from my external hard drive to the PC hardrive...

i get the message IRPL_NOT_LESS BSOD but there is no technical information on there to see whats causing the problem. it just says beginning dump of physical memory...

i was thinking maybe i should update my nvidia chipset drivers? what is the latest one which will work with SP3?

These are the drivers I found.
nforce430.jpg

The 15.26 are the newest, thou when I looked at the products supported it doesn't say nForce 430. But it's worth a try.
nForce Driver

These are the next ones and the nForce 430 is listed
nForce Driver

Ok guys i got somebody to do a debugging on some minidump files and here is the result

Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 3) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 2600.xpsp.080413-2111
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055d720
Debug session time: Sun Aug 16 04:42:32.812 2009 (GMT-7)

BugCheck 1000000A, {ac0f375b, 2, 0, 80515d6f}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!vStrWrite32+179 )

1: kd> .trap (Display Trap Frame)
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for monfilt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for monfilt.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for viahduaa.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for viahduaa.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nv4_mini.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nv4_mini.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NVNRM.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NVNRM.SYS
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvatabus.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvatabus.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AmdPPM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AmdPPM.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvnetbus.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvnetbus.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NVENETFD.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NVENETFD.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for drmk.sys -
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vmmouse.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vmmouse.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for TBPanel.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for TBPanel.SYS
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nv4_disp.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nv4_disp.dll
Couldn't resolve error at 'Display Trap Frame) '

i dont really know what all this means? how can i go about fixing it?

Could you upload the Minidump files to SendSpace or Rapidshare or something? I could then analyze them and get the proper information i need.

i've done a repair of it as stated in the website which you gave me... but i still recieve the message i think it may be to do with a faulty motherboard, ive contacted the company i bought it off because im thinking off sending it back to them to diagnose the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom