new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiki13

Baseband Member
im kind of new at this but my old motherboard died so i got a new one... but now i dont have the important programs i need like microsoft word... i heard those programs cost money but i had them before but their gone now... are they free? i have my windows xp cd but it doenst say anything on installing microsoft office stuff

Everything is free if you know were to look.

Secondly, Changing a motherboard would not mean losing your programs. Unless you mean your Harddrive. Which are two different components. Replacing the motherboard is easy, determine the Form factor, CPU socket and Video card interface. (Unless its a prebuilt, its easy,) After you do this you just look for a compatible board either online or in a store..

After installation of the new board you boot off the XP Disc and run a repair or reinstall windows.

i only changed the motherboard and installed windows again but the programs like word and excel didnt show up. so your saying they are still there or something?

no he was saying that you could have kept word if you ran a repair. but you reinstalled so word is gone

grrr does it come from a cd or something? and so your saying i have to repurchase it now?

kiki13 said:
grrr does it come from a cd or something? and so your saying i have to repurchase it now?

yup...unless you have the CD and cd-key somewhere..or simply follow the advice above that said all software is free if you know where to look ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom