New Mobo fitted W7 will not load

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I have just changed my old Mobo for a More up to date one (Foxconn) , still using my hard drive from my previous Mobo , but windows will not start up , it just keeps trying to repair it without success , I have tried to put my windows disc in but it will not boot from it so that I can do a repair from the original disc , I then tried to see if it would boot from my old XP disc which I have done before but it just keeps going into system repair with the Windows 7 wallpaper in the background , so I have no idea now how I can put windows 7 back onto this hard drive or XP come to it .

note: I have set cdrom has boot first .
spike

Going with a clean install is the better option when replacing the main board. It's probably not compatible with the old mobo and windows activation could be preventing you from using your pc that way.
Go back into your bios and recheck that the cd/dvd drive is (you need a dvd drive to install W7) is still the first device in the boot order. If it is then try using one of the F keys to select a device to boot into when the pc goes through the POST when you first turn it on. F key selection can vary from one manufacture to another so you may need to reference the manual if you do not see the option on the POST screen.
If that does not work, then it could be that your optical drive is not properly working, try another drive or try your drive in a working pc to be sure it operates properly

Hi

Problem was with DVD-Rom swapped it with another one I have and Bingo booted from it .

thank you for your help

spike

Back
Top Bottom