new laptop random crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane12m

In Runtime
yeah it says it above brand new and every once in awhile when playing a game like...Age of Mythology the screen just out of nowhere goes out and all sound stops but you can hear the computer running still. And the screen doesnt just go black it makes a weird pattern out of the colors that where on the screen

I have a warranty and I was wondering if this is a problem I can fix or I need them to come and give me a new laptop as I just got it a week ago ..this actually only happens on a semi rare occasion

so is there something I can do because I was running nothing but that game and its a very low req game ...or is it maybe that I have been using it on and off all day : )

well if thats the prob then thats kinda a relief because I don't want to take it in

But would a heating issue really cause crashes?

I heard that maybe there is a defect in the vid card or ram could this be so>?

Before you jump to conclusions, check your temps idle, then check under load. Your laptop should report several temps: Core(s), processor, video card (and/or chipset), and hard drive. Download PC Wizard 2007 (from the makers of CPUz), install it, run it, and then minimize it. All the temps will appear in the upper right corner.

Your system is based on the same platform as mine (Compaq Presario V6000Z is identical to the HP Pavilion DV6000Z, except for bells and whistles). So we have identical motherboards (with identical graphics) and identical coolers. My notebook does a really good job at cooling, and temps are generally low, even under load. I was playing HL2 for a few hours and my system performed well. So you shouldn't have a problem with cooling unless the fan is not working or the heatpipe is seated incorrectly.

Another possibility is Age of Mythologies just doesn't like Vista or your current drivers. It can also be due to your integrated GeForce Go 6150 graphics. They perform very well amongst other integrated graphics, but are reportedly full of problems.

Try downloading PC Wizard 2007.

PC Wizard

Once it runs, minimize it, and your temps will display on the upper right corner.

Idle temps are your temps when your system is idle (not doing anything). To find temps under load, just play a game for a few minutes.

another prob..lol my battery is brand new with it and I have my laptop on for like 6 mins with low power settings ad it gets all the way down to 85% .is this normal because I was told it would hold for 4 hours on low setting..is this battery a defect or what>?

HEat is always i issue with laptops. Smaller space no place for the heat to go after it comes off your CPU and Video cards. That is why the coolers are the best way to go.

Yes a overheat will cause crashes. They are the most common cause of crashes more than RAM or video card issues. Most of the time Bad RAM will cause a BSOD. A Bad GFX card will cause you not to see anything. Heat crashes it hard.

Get a cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom