New Hardware/Software problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

WisdomRacing

Baseband Member
Ok I just got a new PSU, CPU, Motherboard and video card and when I tried to turn it all on for the first time...It began to load and got up to the boot skin and just cut out. It restarted and went to the screen asing whether I'd like to start in:

-Safe Mode
-Safe Mode with Networking
-Safe Mode with command prompt

-Last setting that worked correctly

-Start Windows normally

The first time I pressed to start normally but it did the same thing. So then I started in Safe Mode and installed my new drivers. But when I restarted, the same thing happened. So I messed around a little in Safe Mode finding everything I could install/uninstall that I thought it might be until it finally stopped going into Safe Mode, too. So now really all my comp does is turn on and off. I've gone into BIOS and everythnig is booting properly from the right HDD. I can't figure out what is going on and I'm ready to just re-format but I'd like to find out what the real problem is instead.

I threw in my old XP Home Edition HDD which is what I'm using now but I'd like to get my Pro back up. Anyone know what I can do?

Uh I don't really understand the question. I tried using the new HDD with XP Pro loaded on it. But that didn't work so I took it out and put in my old HDD with XP Home on it but that one did work and I'm using that one right now.

basically if you get a new mobo and stuff you'd have to format anyways. Doesnt always give problems without formatting but usually does. Even for only a new GFX card its advisable to format to get rid of the old drivers (if you're switching to another maker : nvidia->ati->sis)

Yeah that's what I was just gonna ask. Anyone know where I can get XP Pro free? (hacked)

Also if I re-boot windows, will I need to re-enter XPs CD Key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom