New harddrive+ windows question

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
If I was to buy a new harddrive, would I have to first remove windows on my old harddrive since windows can only be activated on 1 PC? (windows xp) thanks.

Is this new hard drive going in this PC? Are you planning on installing Windows on this drive and using it as your main drive?

Then Yes. You will have to format your old drive if you plan on using that serial of XP on the new PC.

ok. That will be no problem. Thats what I figured I would have to do. Thanks for the help Mak.

If are going use XP on the new drive, you could clone the old drive to the new drive. Once the new drive has been verified as functional just format the old drive.

It is going into a new PC. Clone wont work. The hardware will be differnt and might cause XP not to boot correctly. Fresh install would be better. ;)

It is going into a new PC. Clone wont work. The hardware will be differnt and might cause XP not to boot correctly. Fresh install would be better. ;)

LOL I didn't see his answer to your first question. I though "this PC" was the old PC.

Ghost is forgiving with hardware but i think with the drastic changes of a whole new setup the Ghost would end up being the worst solution. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom