New Firefox 2.0.0.11 is ready for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no best browser. Some are faster. Some are smarter. Some handle bookmarks or RSS feed better. Some look better. And all of them seem to have problems with something.

Yeah, good point. I didn't really mean it that way, though.

Firefox is just overall better. Of course it will have occasional bugs and glitches when things are updated, that just happens. IE (6) is completely full of bugs and flaws, and security issues. I'm not sure about IE 7, I've never used it Though I do know it copies Firefox on a few things. -.-

Firefox > all. :)
Firefox copied Opera when it came to Tabs. Opera copied Netscape...IT is a vicious circle. You say Firefox is better. I say Opera is. Each person has their own preference.

There is no best browser. Some are faster. Some are smarter. Some handle bookmarks or RSS feed better. Some look better. And all of them seem to have problems with something.
This is totally the truth. I was just making a observation. I wasnt trying to start a browser war thread.:p

The best browser is the one you make use of, period. i like the Fox, Warez... uh, Osiris, whatever, like IE, and Mak prefers Opera. We all get where we want to go, and that's all that matters, eh?

It's just that I like mine customized out the wahzoo...

personally, I haven't used opera. I do, however, have IE7, Safari, and firefox. haven't gotten used to safari yet, but I will agree, IE has gotten *better* (and that's actually painful for me to say lol) but my primary is, and I suspect will be until the new Internet is released, firefox. as said, everyone uses what they use on account of personal experience and what they do in it. what gets annoying is the uneducated people who are using the wrong one on account of ignorance, and refuse to change. again, preferance, but still... so to each his own, and thanks for the new firefox version!

The best browser is the one you make use of, period. i like the Fox, Warez... uh, Osiris, whatever, like IE, and Mak prefers Opera. We all get where we want to go, and that's all that matters, eh?

It's just that I like mine customized out the wahzoo...

Just out of curosity how much does your Firefox use in resources when loaded with a couple pages up? I have seen Firefox take upwards of over 100,000K in Memory and that just shocks me to think of that.

I am not saying it is. I am just curious. My Opera when i have upwards of 10+ tabs open can use that much resources. I dont care cause i have resources to spare. I am just wondering cause i know Firefox 2 still has that Memory Leak issue that they are not fixing till Firefox 3.

I've been surfing for about 45 minutes, and have 33 extensions installed. Right now I am sitting at 73228K.

I've been surfing for about 45 minutes, and have 33 extensions installed. Right now I am sitting at 73228K.

That isnt as bad as i was expecting. But is that with just 1 tab open?? If so then i see that being a problem. I usually have at least 5 tabs running at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom