New Firefox 2.0.0.11 is ready for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Mozilla Firefox team has released Firefox 2.0.0.10 just two days ago but a bug discovered after the release prompted them to take immediate action. The bug is affecting an important HTML element interface which makes some extensions and websites unusable with that version of Firefox.
The new Firefox version got rid of that bug and is currently distributed to all primary and secondary mirror sites. Users affected by this bug might want to download the version as early as possible which is why I take the liberty to post a working download mirror of the new Firefox version.
The Oregon primary mirror site contains the new release, at least the Firefox 2.0.0.11 Win32 US release, which can be downloaded and installed without problems. Other mirrors will follow soon after and I expect to see the announcement on the official Mozilla website later today.

wow didnt even know about this but im downloading as i type, always like to be up to date.

Thanks

Glad they got it patched but 3 updates in a month. That is kinda harsh. People blast IE for being insecure.

They were quick to fix and acknowledge the issue though

did i say anything about that? No. All i said was people bash IE for all the security holes it has. Yet Firefox has issued more patches then IE has lately. To me that is ironic. Yes they patched it quick. Could have done even better if they would take just a hair longer and test these thigns a bit more rather than just rushing out a new build every week. Dont ya think?

did i say anything about that? No. All i said was people bash IE for all the security holes it has. Yet Firefox has issued more patches then IE has lately. To me that is ironic. Yes they patched it quick. Could have done even better if they would take just a hair longer and test these thigns a bit more rather than just rushing out a new build every week. Dont ya think?

They can't possibly test for everything.

They can't possibly test for everything.

Well that is kinda my point. The trash about IE is everywhere yet that is okay. Make a statement about Firefox and right away people are all over you saying these thigns.

"They cant test for everything" or "They patched it quick"

Why does that only work when tlaking about Firefox? Why is it that when a flaw is found in IE people dont say "Well they will get a patch out on patch Tuesday" or "Dont worry they will fix it soon". Instead we hear "IE Sux's use Firefox".

Yeah i know my bitterness is showing again. But i just have to ask this. It seems that what;s good to go around isnt good enough to come around. CAn say what we want about IE cause it belongs to M$ but dont say anything about Mozilla's Firefox cause it is open source. Even though Mozilla made well over $72 Million dollars last year. Curious...:rolleyes: :confused:

Yeah, good point. I didn't really mean it that way, though.

Firefox is just overall better. Of course it will have occasional bugs and glitches when things are updated, that just happens. IE (6) is completely full of bugs and flaws, and security issues. I'm not sure about IE 7, I've never used it Though I do know it copies Firefox on a few things. -.-

Firefox > all. :)

IE 7 has improved a lot since it came out.
Thats what i use now, i still have fireforx, but just have it for the heck of it.

IE, is good, but not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom