New DVD-RW drive made my Lite-ON Combo drive not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay the Lite on should be the Slave. That is the one on top. The Pioneer should be Master. Now with the IDE Cable you will see you have 3 connectors. There are 2 close together and 1 further away. With the one end that has the 2 close together plug that end into the motherboard. The next connection is for the Pioneer. The last one (furthest away) is for the Lite On drive.

That is how the setup should be. Along with the jumper settings that i have already discussed should allow for both to be used in your system.

hi , we did the things you said like the master for the Pioneer and slave for the top.. and we r left with a P2 and P3 we dont know where to put either of them ... and we have put the slave and master in the position you suggested and when i go to my computer and right click on DVD-CD-RW (D) and click eject it only ejects Lite on drive..... please get back thanks

Hi Makaveli , my Pioneer Drive and my Lite-ON Combo drive are all working perfectly thanks for your help i bought a 3 IDE connector lead called Belkin its pretty quick but thanks anyway you were a help :)

Nice to know you got it working nVidia Dude. Didnt realize the cable you were useing didnt have the 3 IDE connectors. But wither way glad everything is now working for you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom