New DVD-RW drive made my Lite-ON Combo drive not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
hi , i bought a new Pioneer DVD-RW Drive and once it was installed it had stopped my Lite-ON Combo CDRom and CD-RW drive is there a way i can use both aswell the DVD-RW is called a Pioneer 110d Beige 16x Dl Dvdrw +/- Oem is there a way where i can get round this ??? because i had to remove all the wires from the Lite-ON and stop it from being used is there a way ????? as i do want both being used

I would say that the DVD-RW should be hooked up as the master while the CD-RW as the slave. Most DVD-RW are better used this way.

Other than that make sure the jumper settings are correct. That could be the only thing i can think of off hand.

The plugs werent plugged in so we plugged the cables in and both of them now open but when we have plugged the wires into the Lite ON combo it is stopping the Pioneer DVD-RW from working. hope this helps

Okay the jumpers are on the back of the drive. By where the cable connects. It is just a small pice of plastic with a piece of metal across it.

Now when you look at the drive turn it so the bottom faces you. Where the jumpers are you should see something like...
M S CS

That is Master, Slave and Cable Select.

Now one drive must have the jumper set to Master and the other jumper must cover the slave setting. The Master drive has to connect on the cable closest to the motherboard. The Slave is the furthest away.

That is how IDE cables are set up. You could also set them to Cable Select and then hook them up on the IDE cable.

I hope some of this was useful. Let me know if you need some more help.

Not a problem. It was my pleasure to help out. Just let me know if this solves your little problem. :)

hi , were having problems still because we are left with a little plug with the letter P8 on it and we have no idea where to put it... if we dont know how to do it i will ask my unkle to do it

Was it a left over Jumper? Is everything setup the way i described? If so you might haev an extra jumper. Sometimes manufactorers put an extra one on incase one gets lost. Or they ahve a extra jumper that needs to be covered.

but we have tryed to do the things you suggested and it isnt turning out right .. which 1 would be the slave and which 1 would be the master ... the top 1 is called the Lite-ON Combo and the 2nd one is the Pioneer one which ones do you think it might be ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom