New dial-up connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashy22

Beta member
Hello guys
I have just replaced my motherboard and processor from a AMD XP1600 to a XP2400.
Started up the machine and it wouldn't run the OS. So I did a windows xp repair from the XP disk and it repaired ok or so it seemed. When I tried to connect to the internet I noticed that my desktop dial-up connection icon had gone.
Ok I thought, I will make a new connection. Clicked on the "make a new connection" icon, then proceeded through the various screens of the wizard until I got to the "select your modem type" where you get the options of what type of connection you have. I put in "connect to broadband adsl" and then the wizard just disappeared. What is happening?
The ADSL line is up and running no problem. (PIPEX 512k).
Just can't seem to log on down it.
Will I have to reload windows completely from scratch?
Seems a pity as the repair was looking good.
Is it something to do with Administrator privaleges that have been reset by the repair?
:(

You installed new board while OS stayed the same?
Dude, you gotta reainstall your OS over new board. It's not configured for it. LOL

Check n' see if the TCP/IP protocol is installed correctly ...U can do this from the Network Connections icon in control panel ...

If nessacary remove n' add the TCP/IP protocol ...
U can also manually change the IP etc..for ur Adsl connection here instead of running the wizard.

Thanks for your input guys.
I decided to reload the software that came with the ADSL modem (Conexent PCI card) .
The following steps do NOT occur. (sorry that the graphics didn't come across with the text) for some reason.

This next bit is from the user manual

Chapter 3.4.3 Making a RFC 2364/2516 Connection - WinXP

After installation, you will find AccessRunner DSL shortcut on the desktop. You can use it to dial out and make a connection with your ISP.

<Step01>
The Connect To window appears. Enter the User Name and Password supplied by your Internet service provider (ISP). Then click Connect.

<Step02>
The Connection Established window appear. Internet service is now established. Click Close and then the Diagnostic tool icon will appear on the task bar.

If I click on the Accessrunner ADSL icon on the desktop it doesn't carry out steps 1 and 2 but just goes to tell you that the ADSL connection is up and OK.

Hope I am making sense.:confused:

edit
Tried again last night and got error message 711. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom