New Dell = slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 processes really seems like a lot for Windows XP. When I first install windows xp, I usually have around 26 running, and right now, I have 31 after a couple months of use and with a few programs running, 50 is way too many. But unless one of those processes is spyware or something and is deliberately taking up processing time, I don't think that is going to slow down your computer as much as you are mentioning. One of my favorite sites for computer tweaks is the Black Viper super tweaks page http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/supertweaks.htm

The website is pretty helpful in tweaking XP to work faster.

~Lyuokdea

Lyuokdea said:
50 processes really seems like a lot for Windows XP. When I first install windows xp, I usually have around 26 running, and right now, I have 31 after a couple months of use and with a few programs running, 50 is way too many. But unless one of those processes is spyware or something and is deliberately taking up processing time, I don't think that is going to slow down your computer as much as you are mentioning. One of my favorite sites for computer tweaks is the Black Viper super tweaks page http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/supertweaks.htm

The website is pretty helpful in tweaking XP to work faster.

~Lyuokdea

You could try Optimum XP or TweakNow Accelerator XP if we can't figure out why your computer is running so slow. They are both trials and you have to pay for them but Optimum XP is really good.

-Silent Fear

1- you need to do a complete software cleanup.
2- like some said Dell a some stuff you don't.
3- Dell also default settings in bios and windows to ensure stability.
4- make sure you are doing the disk cleanup and disk defrag. on a weekly basis at least.

i only have 17 running processes. My dell is extremely slow too even tho a 2.4ghz processor should be somewhat speedy it feels slower than my old 600mhz PIII. The "Dell" version of windows has all kinds of crap from dell on it-like other members have mentioned. Lots of promos and demos and crap that runs in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom