New computer shut down after 5-10min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knipper

Baseband Member
I need some help I recently purchase a new motherboard, hard drive, ram and video card and built my own computer. The problem is the computer comes on and we where able to load windows XP. Now after 5-10 min the computer shuts it self down and reboots. Here are the components inside the computer:

MB ASUS A8V K8T800PRO 939 motherboard
VGA EVGA GF6600 mother board
CPU AMD/A64 3700 + 2.2 G 939 1 M R
MEM 512Mx/PTR D400 PSD1G400KH R
HD 300G/sT 7K 16M ATA 100 Seagate
DVD Burner ASUS/DRW

When we first start the computer we where able to load Windows XP home edition with no problem. Then we connect to the internet and start downloading and installing drivers and this is when we start having the problem of the computer shutting down every 10 min. We have switch out the Ram with other Ram in other computer and had the same problem. I also double checked all the connections still having the problem.

Also the hard drive is reading just 130GB when it's 300 GB hard drive? How do we get the HD to recognize the 300 GB?

I would really appreciate any help some can give me in correcting this problem. Thanks

Ok what is the rating on your powersupply?

When you said you installed some driver, what hardware or hardwares did you update?

130 barrier can be fix by getting the latest service pack 2, then go to disk managment in adminstrative tools/computer management and formating the unallocated left over. Your motherboard should support harddrive over 130. Your BIOS should also.

most likely caused by a weak psu
download sandra
http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/fclick/fclick.php?fid=49
get into hardware-->mainboard scroll down (about to the middle) then youll see the voltages under "voltage sensors" , take a screenshot and ill have a look , what psu exactly is it? brand/model (look on its sticker if you dont know)

as for the second issue , windows xp without any service pack doesnt support partitions beyond 130gb so install service pack 1 or 2 , then as alredy said use disk managment , and better slipstream the SP for future installs

The computer ran for 1 1/2 hours and shut down we receivced a error message saying the video card is unstable. What could cause a video card error?

Bad driver, bad video card hardware, other conflicts (software, hardware). The Power supply especially! You still haven't even told us the power supply information. Maybe answering what we ask would give us a better idea, else how the heck would we know.

Sorry the power supply is 450 watts. It is not the power supply I think it's the video card I did some research and this particular video card has conflicts with this motherboard that cause the computer to crash. Has anyone else heard anything bad about this particular video card and motherboard?

thats not enough info , what brand/model?
and what about that sandra screenshot i requested?

hit f8 when you turn on the computer

hit disable automatic restart, then tell us what the error code is

The error state video card unstable and shuts off the computer I am going to try a different video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom