New Comp - Mouse Clicks dont register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.Im.New

In Runtime
Hello,

So I've had my new computer up and running for about 2 weeks. Quad Core q6600 - asrock twin turbo mb - 4gb of ram. This just started today , but its worrying me... Sometimes ill be multi-tasking - playing poker, surfing web ... nothing too much and when i click on an icon on the task bar nothing happens. Its as if the click never registered, I have to cntrl alt del to get the task manager up and then everything act normal. Has anyone ever delt with this before? I'm not sure what to make of it...

Have you tried clicking on the task bar again? The focus isnt on the task bar when you first click it. So the click might just just registered as taking the focus away from the window you are currently working in.

Yea I've unplugged the mouse and used a different mouse just in case. Mak Ive tried clicking on the taskbar and clicking anywhere that it might register and its still the same. I'm just confused on this whole situation in general, when i did goto the task manager everythings back to normal though. Its just weird and not sure really what to do other than the basic checks ive already made. Idk, if anyone has input... please let me kno

thnx

Is this USB an PS2 mice? because ASROCK are terrible boards prone to odd hardware issues an I have seen one spit it's dummy at PS2 mice before.

Sax this isnt a ps2 mouse... once i goto the task manager it fixes the problem and nothing happens again while i use it... just sucks that i dont know how to fix this or even think about how to trouble shoot

Have you installed the latest chipset drivers?

mak is that the same as flashing the bios?

Nope, the BIOS is the utility of your board outside Windows, the Drivers for the chipset are what Windows uses to recognize the board, and features on the board (USB Ports and such)

So I'd still goto the mb manufactors site right? Yea I'm not sure, i know for a fact i didnt update the them, so their stock for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom