New applications no internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldj

Baseband Member
Hello,

I just noticed today that all of the applications that I newly install cannot connect to the internet. I just went through a virus removal process, so that can't be the case. Even when I disable my firewall do the apps not connect.

Apologies for the lack of information, but I'm not sure what you people want... Just ask, and you shall recieve all the info you need about this PC...

Thanks!

-Donald J

Well that could be the issue right there. Even when "off" Norton is still active. So my guess would be you have to fine tune Norton to get the apps internet access thru the setup screen for that. Ihave never used Norton 360. So i couldnt really tell you what settings to adjust.

Well that could be the issue right there. Even when "off" Norton is still active. So my guess would be you have to fine tune Norton to get the apps internet access thru the setup screen for that. Ihave never used Norton 360. So i couldnt really tell you what settings to adjust.

I've set the settings... The application has full privileges. Still nothing, however.

What about your router? Are you using a router with a firewall that could possibly be blocking the access?

Nope... I'm planning a router upgrade sometime in the next few days, and THAT one has a built-in firewall... The current one however, doesn't. Unless i'm mistaken. It's a linksys WRT54G, if that helps.

At this point my only suggestion would be to try a removal and reinstall of the applicaiton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom