neverending shutdown....

Status
Not open for further replies.

canooten

In Runtime
Just started today....boot the computer up and almost immediately get a box saying "generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close...." followed closely by another saying "this system is shutting down. DCOM server processes launcher terminated unexpectedly" and it gives me a 60 second countdown and shuts down or reboots.
If I let it sit at the windows login screen long enough it happens there as well.

I went into services and turned DCOM to manual and that stops it from giving me the shutdown timer (still get the first issue), and it gives me a little time to try some things, but then it will just restart out of the blue with no warning at all (something the system has done from time to time since I built it...don't use it enough to spend the time to find out why).

I've done complete spyware and virus scans and found nothing but the normal tracking cookies that Adaware finds every time.

What next????

I know that if you're using an illegal or cracked version of XP it will do that. Is your XP genuine?

On this machine, no. Is this a new part of the WGA or something? Nothing I've read on this error says anything about it being a non-genuine windows problem. How is this?

certain firewalls might also cause this

No firewall present other than routers.

After disabling DCOM (or changing it to manual) the computer ran for over an hour before I turned it off, but i still get the initial error on boot.

Anything I can try?

TheMajor said:
No it doesn't.

well it kinda does, i have had winXPPRO service pack 1 instlaled and installed service pack 2 via CD before and i had the same sorta error.

have you tried doing a repair using a windows disk?

talldude123 said:
My friend, who is using a Celeron 600, 256 RAM will have that happen alot on his "XP LITE SP2"

and demonoid xp and ultimate xp and black xp. don't ever hit exit on the wpi install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom