Never thought I'd ask for drivers, but uh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
So, I have this laptop. Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422. It came with Vista, ran horribly despite all of the insane tweaks I did, so I put XP on it. It absolutely flies now. Okay, great. Well, it crashed. So I'm redoing it. I'm remembering now just how insanely horrible it was to find drivers for this laptop.

After 6 hours I have everything installed, but I have three "Base System Device" items left and I have no idea what they pertain to, considering EVERYTHING on this laptop works (audio, video, SD card reader, modem, etc).

I tried Driver Detective to see if I could get a free use out of it but of course it's like hey I can do this this and this! Oh wait, the key... ****er.

I've googled for hours, checked Toshiba's web site, etc. I need to find out what these drivers are or some sort of program that'll auto find them for me. Then, I'm going to do things right and make a backup image of this **** thing so I don't have to go through hours of headaches again.

What can I do?

Yup. I love the limitation rapidshare has on the files too. I download one, the other 2 I can't download.

Thanks boss. My timer reset so I can get the last one on my own now. Thanks for the link!

EDIT - yeah we're completely good to go now. Image is backed up. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom