networking a pc and a mac???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiltonav

Beta member
can anyone help. i have an imac with OS 10.2 and my house mate has a pc with Windows XP, we both have network cards installed and an ethernet cable connecting the two. But not being that technically minded i havent a clue about actually networking the two. I have searched the web for days but find myself on web sites that tell me how cool windows xp is and that you only need to click a button and let it do all the hard work or how cool mac OS 10.2 is! :mad: if anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be a great help?? if it makes a difference it's the pc thats connected to the internet via broardband so i'm guessing it's got to be the server to let the mac access the net??? thanks in advance to anyone that can help :)

not being an apple enthusiast, I'm not sure how to network a mac in a PC based environment...or vice versa. my only suggestion would be that if your mac is still on warranty for tech support, I'd call it up and use it. ask them how to set it up and they'll probably be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom