Network and sound driver issues on Maximus IV Extreme

CareTaker22

Beta member
Hi guys, I have a huge problem!

I recently took my pc apart to clean it up a bit and well, when I put everything together again I can't get my audio and network drivers to install correctly.

I install my audio driver and I then reboot, but when it's restarted, the audio troubleshooter still tells me that I should install the drivers even though I just did?
Same with my network driver. I install my chipset driver and when I want to install my network driver afterwards it tells me that there are no chipset drivers present?

I've formated and installed windows twice and it still won't install the drivers correctly.

My specs:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3 Revision
8GB RAM
i7 2600k
nVidia ENGTX275 graphics card
1T HDD

I've downloaded new drivers from the Asus website and it still won't install, I cant go on the internet and my audio doesn't work untill the drivers are working :(. I have no idea what to do or what caused this. If anyone have any ideas please share them! Thank you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you clean it with? :wooha: Did you properly ground yourself before touching anything important?

Did you spray anything really hard with an upside-down can of air while you were cleaning it? As cool as that looks, I refrain from doing that on my pc..

Did you try booting from an Ubuntu live CD to see if it works at all? (worth a try, right)

If Ubuntu or something isn't able to use that hardware, I don't know what to tell you. Fortunately, lan and sound cards aren't too expensive...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom