Network Icon in taskbar gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrewulf

Beta member
I'm using Windows Vista and the network icon for my wireless connection has disappeared. I tried going into the taskbar properties and looking at the hide inactive icons option and it's not on there for me to toggle hide/show. :confused:

Also, in the image below.. the network is grayed out. This is the only other place I can think of to look at.. any ideas?

taskbar.jpg

So another thing.. my volume taskbar icon. I realized that was missing too and that I couldn't restore it back to the taskbar (see image above). It's grayed out.. what the ****?

Solution Found:

Ok, so I decided to uninstall Avast! Antivirus which was the only thing I recently installed (update version 4.7.1029). Apparently it was creating some kind of conflict which prevented the ability to display these icons on my taskbar. I'm on a Sony VAIO VGN-N250E.

Uninstalling Avast Antivirus fixed my problem. Now I gotta find a cheap antivirus solution. :snob:

Have you checked your device manager to make sure your driver are still installed and working?

Have you checked your device manager to make sure your driver are still installed and working?

See the above post. There was conflict between the Avast software and the proprietary software from Sony. The antivirus had been installed and ran for a couple of months without any issues until the latest antivirus software update was installed. I went back to the original software I had. Working fine now.

Yes if you notice we both posted at the same time. So i didnt see you had found your solution before i had asked my question.

Glad you got it solved. Just sucks that Sony's proprietary stuff doesnt work with Avast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom