Network boot disk advice - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Network boot disk advice

Ok so here is the readers digest version, I am looking for a network boot disk that will allow me to access my Ghost share, I was using The Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk which worked like a charm and was extremely fast, my problem is that now with the new Lenovo laptops I am getting in (X61, T61) this trusty method that I have relied on for years is no longer working, (not picking up the network card) and even with the new version just released it still fails.

So I decided to give UBCD4Win and BartPE a try, however I find these to be very bloated and not so user friendly, I understand that I can turn off plugin's but it still weighs in pretty heavy, and once I got a thumb drive loaded with BartPE I found it difficult to get anywhere on the network, getting errors like "multiple connections can not be made" I could not even map a network drive. I did like the simple method for adding network drivers and BartPE was able to work with the new machines, but like I stated before getting anywhere on the network was tough.

All I want from this is a simple method to boot into the network using a thumb drive and quickly access my Ghost share.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Network boot disk advice

Ok, I got BartPE to work but I am unsure of how to get Ghost working to image the machine that I am booted up with using BartPE.

If I start ghost32 and select the drive that I mapped and select the image I want, the only device that shows up to image is the thumb drive itself (E. Is it possible to image the same machine that you are using BartPE with?

Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Wit a little help from Brian over at the Radified forums I came to this.For each computer I plan to use the BartPE with I have to put the SATA drivers in a folder, name it, and copy those folders to the BartPE pebuilder3110a\drivers\SCSIAdapter folder. Then rebuild BartPE. Worked great.

Now if I can find a way to have BartPE map the Ghost share for me every time I use it. Just one less step I would need to take.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scj6771 View Post
Wit a little help from Brian over at the Radified forums I came to this.For each computer I plan to use the BartPE with I have to put the SATA drivers in a folder, name it, and copy those folders to the BartPE pebuilder3110a\drivers\SCSIAdapter folder. Then rebuild BartPE. Worked great.

Now if I can find a way to have BartPE map the Ghost share for me every time I use it. Just one less step I would need to take.
why don't you use hiren boot cd (disc clone to ghost) instead or a ghost floppy
Closed Thread