NetWare on XP Professional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Hello,
I am having a problem with my friends computer. The trouble is she can log off, but can't use the Switch Users. She can't have the new welcome screen, just the classic. When she goes into Accounts to change it, it says Client Services for NetWare needs to be uninstalled first. Heres the pic - Can someone please help me?:amazed:

Attachments

• 512a0001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 29
Yea, the Client Service for NetWare is proprietary for Novell products. You can install or uninstall this service in the same fasion as you would for NetBEUI or TCP/IP. Goto your Control Panel and then Network Connections. Right Click your LAN connection and then goto properties. Under teh properties window show be and entry for Client Service for NetWare. You can simply select the item and then uninstall it.
You may first want to find out if this is needed on her laptop though. Windows does not install this service as a default. Is this computer or laptop used in a work environment as well? If so, this may be needed to connect to a corp network as well.

-Mike

Thanks a lot Mike! No, it is a desktop computer, but I totally understand what your talking about, I just didn't know where to go to find it!

Thanks Again,
-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom