Netstat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haoming

Baseband Member
Could someone help me find a copy of netstat.exe for winxp? I seem to be missing it..

Thanks

From what i have read on various sites it that netstat.exe and a couple other are related to trojan horses. So it is good that it got deleted from your PC.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=netstat.exe&btnG=Google+Search

That google search i did shows the first 4 or so articles talking about the trojans it is related to. I really dont think you would want something like that on your PC. ;)

That seems wierd. I did a search on my PC and i found that file. But it came up as just netstat not netstat.exe so that could be why i found it. Maybe the .exe version is the virus while the non .exe is the good file.

Either way that was wierd that sites claim it as a virus yet it isnt. o.0

It is an .exe, it just doest show the extension, type netstat.exe in the run box and it will appear shortly

Hmm that is just frickin odd. Why would it show up as a virus on the google search yet it is a valid file?

BTW i did type netstat.exe when it showed up in my search. I thought i had all file extensions shown. But either way i still dont get why sites say it is a virus.

Ah well another mystery for me to ponder.

I see where you go it from. I use MSN Search, it seems to be better for me, but I typed in that, no virus came up but when I went to google, it did

Ahh. Okay so MSN Search didnt bring up the virus links but the Google ones dies. I will have to try MSN search a few more times instead of always using Google i guess.

I personally dont really like google. It brings up everything and then some, I really dont need everything, MSN works just fine, I never had to resort to Google because MSN couldnt find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom