Netowkr problems while installing XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grake

Beta member
Network problems while installing XP Pro

Hi,

First post here, found this on the way to searching my problem on google :9 Hope some of you can help.

I have used this copy of WindowsXP SP2 (Original, not unattended or modified) on my 2nd computer, and everytime it installed fine. Last night I turned off my computer, restarted it, and it had no internet connection which is connected to my router. The other two connections are fine btw. So I checked aorund played around with every possible googled solution and nothing. Nothing worked. Since I don't have much on that computer, I formatted it and tried to install a copy of windows pro again.

It was all fine, picked the partition, formatted fine, copied the files over, and restared fine. Everything was fine, up until to the point where it installs the network connections. You know where it asks you the domain and workgroups or whatever. It doens't get to the point where it asks those information. It says installing network, and just stops in the middle, and the bar doens't move at all. I haven't got a clue what is wrong, as I keep googling, and all i get is network problems AFTER installing XP.

Here's a camera shot of where it got stuck..

img29739ut.jpg

Sorry, that it's not very clear, but hard to take pic of monitor :eek:

Please do help if you can. It's a really retarded problem.

Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz Hyperthread Technology
512 DDR
P4P800Vm Motherboard (built in network card)
256 Nvidia Video Card
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
160 GB Master hard drive
120 GB Slave HD
DVD-RW
DVD/CD RW ROM

Legit copy of Windows XP Professional

I have installed many times on this without a problem. No idea what has happened.

Thanks for the reply

Try running the winsock xp fix should help a lot, mabye it a bad cable or port on router, or bad network card... all things to check

Right now it's formatted and doesn't have any windows. It stops at the above screen shot. Can't do much with GUI software unless it's in Dos or whatever where I can insert a floppy and check things.

And network card is integrated.

Is it possible to disable the onboard network card in bios? And then put a new network card on a PCI slot?

The above suggestion is best: pull the nic card and install windows. Find the appropriate xp drivers for the Nic card, re-install the PCI nic and update the drivers for the card from the add/remove hardware section of the control panel or right click on the network icon and go to properites to update the driver. Try that. I'd like to know what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom