Nethood

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
i've been making backup in network folder and of course, the path to that is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Nethood.
but for some reasons, this particular network folder makes its copy onto this local Nethood folder. if i understand it correctly, in Nethood, the path to the network folder (ususally in server) is stored, not the copy of the folder.
does anyone why it's making a copy there and how to stop it?

the machine in question is on win 2k3 server sp1 with sql2k.

I'm lil confused

You have this path --> C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Nethood <-- Which is the local computer

But you said you back it up to a network folder, so where is the network folder?

ok let me see if I understand this correctly...

You make backups of users' local "Nethood" (hidden) Netshare folder on a network share right?

And you want to know why it's copying itself in the "Local" folder?

What that tells me is:

You now have a (local) path of:

C:\Documents and Settings\user.name\Nethood\Nethood

And you want to know why it is making a copy under the original "nethood" folder? Is this correct?

no. i'm not very good at explainig things so let me see if i can explain this right.

on server01, i'm running a backup job with veritas. and it's backed up to a folder in server02. (network folder).
on server01, c:\documents and settings\<domain administrator>\Nethood, i see a copy the folder in server02, not a path to it. therefore, it's taking up waaaay more space than it should. server01 is a sql server and i don't wanna lose too much diskspace on it.

does it make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom